Ocean Park Auto services and repairs all models of Mercedes Benz
Mercedes-Benz is a German automobile manufacturer, a multinational division of the German manufacturer Daimler AG. The brand is used for luxury automobiles, buses, coaches, and trucks. Mercedes-Benz is headquartered in Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, Germany.
The name first appeared in 1926 under Daimler-Benz but traces its origins to Daimler-Motoren-Gesellschaft‘s 1901 Mercedes and to Karl Benz‘s 1886 Benz Patent Motorwagen, which is widely regarded as the first automobile. Mercedes-Benz’s slogan is “Das Beste oder nichts” (English: “The best or nothing”). Mercedes-Benz is part of the “German Big 3” luxury automakers, along with Audi and BMW, which are the bestselling luxury automakers in the world.
- 1894 – The first recorded auto race, sponsored by the Petit-Journal of Paris conducted over a Paris to Rouen course, attracted forty-six entries and was looked forward to as a test of the steamer and electric versus the gas burners. The first three winning cars were powered by Daimler-built engines.
- 1900 the 4-cylinder Daimler was completed and the car was christened in honor of Emil Jellinek’s beautiful daughter, Mercedes.
- 1910 – The Benz Special Touring car is first to employ four valves per cylinder to improve both performance and fuel consumption.
- 1921 – A compressor driven by the engine noticeably increases the power of several Mercedes models by pressurizing the fuel-air mixture.
- 1926 – Daimler Mercedes and Mercedes-Benz were to gain continuing prestige through their high-speed performance wins.
- 1931 – Mercedes 170 features the first ever fully independent suspension, which allows each wheel to respond individually.
- 1936 – Mercedes-Benz formally begins safety research with a test vehicle featuring a highly ridged floor, side impact protection and collapsible steering column.
- 1949 – Conical-pin lock helps prevent the doors from opening in an accident, a first of its kind.
- 1951 – The Crumple zone, the first safety car body with a ridged passenger cell and defined deformation zones, a concept used universally today.
- 1963 – The first SL to offer an automatic transmission.
- 1978 – Anti-lock Braking System or ABS helps the driver retain steering control under heavy breaking by preventing wheel lock up.
- 1982 – Multi-link suspension provides a new level of handling precision, ride comfort and active safety.
- 1992 – Controller Area Network CAN networks numerous components and allows more precise and rapid control of automotive electronics.
- 1997 – The smart key changes the tide in both convenience and anti theft protection.
- 1999 – Mercedes-AMG became a majority owned division of Mercedes-Benz. The company was integrated into Daimler-Chrysler in and became Mercedes-Benz AMG.
- 2007 – Frankfurt motor show, Mercedes-Benz showed seven hybrid model.
- 2008 – Mercedes-Benz announced that it would have a demonstration fleet of small electric cars in two to three years. Mercedes-Benz and Smart are preparing for the widespread uptake of electric vehicles (EVs) in the UK by beginning the installation of recharging points across their dealer networks.
- 2014 – Mercedes-Benz is one of the best known and established automotive brands in the world, and is also one of the world’s oldest automotive brand still in existence today.